Do you know what the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is?
Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
You may be eligible for HARP if you meet all of the following criteria:
- The mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
- The mortgage must have been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage cannot have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March-May, 2009.
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio must be greater than 80%.
- The borrower must be current on the mortgage at the time of the refinance, with a good payment history in the past 12 months.
*Eligibility criteria are for guidance only. Contact your mortgage servicer to see if you are eligible for HARP.
- Determine whether your mortgage is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac by visiting their respective Loan Lookup Tools.
- Contact your current mortgage servicer or another that is approved by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac to inquire about HARP.
- Compare rates and costs with additional mortgage companies to ensure best refinance terms.
- Visit FannieMae.com or call (800)7Fannie.
- Visit FreddieMac.com, call (800)Freddie.
- If you have additional questions about getting mortgage help, contact one of our housing experts at 888-995-HOPE (4673). These HUD-approved housing counselors will help you understand your options, design a plan to suit your individual situation and prepare your application. Research shows that homeowners who work with housing experts like these are more successful and have better long-term outcomes. There is no cost to you for this valuable, around-the-clock service. Help is available in more than 160 languages.
If you are considering selling your property in the Richmond area, ask me about a free competitive market analysis and our latest internet marketing systems. If you are considering purchasing a home in Central Virginia, I can help you find your ideal property to fit your lifestyle and budget.
You're only a click away from the guidance you need to navigate you through the real estate process and help you with all of the details before, during, and after the sale. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.
EXIT Realty is the fastest growing company in the history of real estate. EXIT Elite Realty is proud to be part of the EXIT franchise and is growing the most successfully productive group of real estate agents. We envision an ever changing, evolving real estate market driven by technology and executed by aggressive, professional agents and employees working in the following areas:
Dave Pollard, Exit Elite Realty, 13356 Midlothian Turnpike,
Midlothian, VA 23113. Direct: (804) 372-3440